Think big! I'm sure you have a few bright ideas hidden somewhere in the back of your mind that you just can't wait to test out. These ideas could probably change your reality, but you just can’t seem to get them started. What’s stopping you from turning those creative, or even inspiring juices into action? An idea takes time to form in your head and some of your best ideas require you to think bigger than your current circumstance.
You must focus on whatever you do to make your big thoughts doable and achievable. This can help you realize things that were never thought possible. To think big can make the impossible, possible. I once worked with a fundraiser who only asked donors for minimum $25,000 contributions. One day I asked her why, she replied, “Why ask for $2,500 when there are only two answers - yes or no.” She always received a donation of $25,000 or more. It showed me the value of thinking big.
Here are some tips to support your effort to think big.
- Take action towards living your life by design. Talk is cheap. Take action to fuel your passion to do something bigger than ever achieved before. Without it, passion is void. You must be intentional to make your vision a reality.
- Commit to yourself as well as those you love to create a life you can love. Instead of reacting, commit to creating from your heart and soul, out of faith rather than fear. Operate from a “can do” mindset with unwavering belief in yourself and the people in your inner circle. Trust in your ability to achieve whatever you desire.
- Recognize and embrace the thought that each moment is perfect regardless of its outcome. Every time you stumble on something that may appear too extreme, why not give it a shot and see if it will work. You will be surprised to discover multiple ways to get the task done. If you are not pleased with the outcome, use the moment to learn from it and make appropriate adjustments. Value the lesson no matter the results.
- Live in a place of gratitude. I have learned to utilize whatever I have readily available and make use of it in the most constructive way. The world is as is and not what we desire it to be. I no longer wish for situations to be better or for the right time. I embrace the moment for what it is and be thankful for being a survivor.
- Use a Success Formula of Recognize/Reevaluate/Restore in place of the Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda whirlwind. The former is based in increased knowledge and abundance while the latter focuses on scarcity and lack. As you face tasks that may seem harder than anticipated, allow yourself to realize that the task is within your ability to make it happen.
- Keep a sense of humor at the forefront of your thoughts, laugh at and with yourself when possible. You may find yourself quite entertaining when you loosen up! At least once a day I do something to laugh at myself. I enjoy life so much more after realizing I didn’t have to take myself so seriously. Humor is life-giving.
- Believe that you are the architect of your destiny. No one can take your future from you except for you! Pursue life faithfully. If breath remains in your body, there is no end to how much you can accomplish in a lifetime.
The ability to think big is about enjoying what you do, while striving to achieve what seems impossible to others and believing its within your reach. It’s about looking beyond trivial circumstances and focusing on what’s important to achieving the goal. So instead of subjecting yourself to a life of regret and resentment, make your own path and take the first step towards success. Watch everything flow into place just as you planned it.